Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Project Implementation




IMAGE 1: Creating Quizes


IMAGE 2: Sample Question


IMAGE 3: Sample Question


IMAGE 4: Confusing Student Screen


IMAGE 5: Data Organization

2 comments:

  1. Sounding good, Emily! I may be asking for help as I start this part of my project. :) I feel like I am behind since I was away this weekend!

    Your images are well chosen and helped me to better understand what you were describing in your podcast. I think creating a podcast for the students on how to do the quiz or reminders of the expectations you have for the center after your initial instruction may be very helpful to them, since it was helpful to me.

    I liked how you discovered what problems you may encounter through your niece trying the quiz and what you may do to help correct those. One thing I thought about is if it would matter if multiple users were using the quiz at the same time. One would think that this should not be a problem, but I have had problems with this when several students are using the same site at once.

    I think you could also jazz up the beginning or ending of your podcast with some music (maybe jeporady tune) to capture the listener's attention, but you maybe working on this since it is your rough draft. Your voice is very clear, and you have good pacing when presenting your information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to find a online tool that met all of your evaluation and feedback needs - YEAH! And best of all - it's FREE! (I LOVE all of the 4Teacher products.) Great idea creating a test group for your project - taking a quiz out for a "test" drive prior to unpacking it in the fall with your students=8-). You have done a wonderful job of describing and trouble shooting the challenges - naming the account for log in purposed. I think the Logon tutorial idea you came up with for your students is a marvelous idea. (Great way to get other teachers in your building involved and possibly using the tool, too.)From your description of QuizStar it really sounds easy to use - not too different from what I remembered when I last used it. I was impressed that it allowed you to differentiate for students with visual challenges. I love the guinea pigs you found to test run the very first quiz. I also LOVED the idea of the whole group Introduction type lesson in the computer lab. Considering the age of the student, you might want to repeat iterations of the lesson a couple of times, just to be on the safe side. Thank you for sharing the screen shots - they really added to my understanding

    ReplyDelete